We don’t normally frequent “visitors centers” but we came across the best one seen yet. Imagine visiting a new place and finding a visitor welcome center that offers you a wine tasting & charcuterie & cheese plate of the local artisan cheeses and wines of the area...and great views to go with it? It’s genius isn’t it? Well that’s what you’ll find in a little village called Tua in the Douro valley region of Portugal. It’s not a well know place but because your connected to Portugal locals (us- Dré & Yas) we will give you the insiders scoop on the best places.
Here’s a nice description of this awesome place from their website: “Casa dos Cantoneiros "Foz-Tua Wine House" is a new space dedicated to the promotion and marketing of wines and regional products produced in the municipality of Carrazeda de Ansiães. The former Casa dos Cantoneiros was transformed into a "Wine House", where visitors have wine, cheese, sausage, jam and dried fruit tasting, and you can also buy all these products.This space is equipped with a showroom and selling regional products, a wine tasting room, a small auditorium and a terrace overlooking the Tua and Douro rivers.Located in one of the county's main entrance doors, the Casa dos Cantoneiros “Foz Tua Wine House” also functions as an advanced tourism office in the territory, where all the services are provided. information about the places to visit and the opening hours of the tourist and cultural infrastructures of the municipality of Carrazeda de Ansiães.”
It’s beautiful & modern inside and you feel so comfortable as the patrons working are very hospitable and welcoming. Don’t miss this awesome place next time you’re in Douro Valley, Portugal.
Casa dos Cantoneiros “ Foz Tua Wine House”
Estrada Nacional 214
5340 - 133 - Foz Tua
Tel. 278 098 479
Been Zin lover for awhile because of its well rounded depth of flavor, spicy, earthy characteristics, deep color & firm structure, not as heavy as a Cab Sauv & not as light as a Pinot... well balanced for the discerning palate. But recently got to love it more learning more about its unique personality!
1. It’s kept intriguing mystery til the 90’s DNA search found the Zinfandel equivalents in Italy (Puglia) Primativo & originally from Croatia, known as the Crljenak Kastelanski.
2. It’s super adaptable. Although European with roots Zin quickly adapted to California living becoming known as it’s heritage grape & its “wine child” .
3. It’s exciting, not boring & could be a red wine, white “pink” Zinfandel (very popular in the 70’s -90’s), a blending grape or a late harvest port wine.
4. Zin can handle the heat & cool times in life & can make the grape more flavorful with its struggle, thriving in moderate, Mediterranean-like climates & cooling winds (to prevent mildew), an even ratio of sun exposure.
4. “Down to earth grape “ although from abroad has made itself at home in California soil & climate which is why so many delicious Zin wines come from California.
5. It brought joy to the settlers when their search for treasure proved fruitless in the mid “1800’s,” they turned to farming — & the Zinfandel grape thrived more than the Gold Rush ever could.
6. Being its amazing unique self contributed to ZAP being created as its official promotional organization, “Zin Advocates & Producers”.
7. It’s multi-cultural & fun personality make it pair well with almost any type of food.
8. Zinfandel is a fighting survivor! When the setters came & land was abundant & (a vine destroying bug), phylloxera was destroying other European varietals, Zinfandel was surviving & thriving.
9. It’s got a colorful personality adaptating to different climates with it’s uneven ripening, which means grapes that are slightly under ripe, perfectly ripe, & some dehydrated or “raisiny” in the same cluster leading to the unique flavor dimensions.
10. Zins are beautiful in color & get better with age as the oldest vines in California with 50-100+ years make extremely delicious wine
So much we can learn from this amazing grape!
What Zins have you enjoyed lately?
We are so happy to be close neighbors with this awesome winery located in the highly acclaimed Carneros AVA regions A perfect setup for growing and making Rhône style wines... which is what Anaba winery does so beautifully!
They've just opened up such a beautiful tasting room which captures the essence of what Wine Country is really about- sipping delicious wines in beautiful tranquil settings and gorgeous Sonoma valley, vineyard & hill views! You will absolutely fall in love with their gorgeous modern tasting room tucked away in amongst beautiful wine country hills.
You feel like worlds away when you’re tasting their wines but you’re so conveniently still close to town and restaurants to visit after.
We loved our wine tasting experience there and can’t wait to go back again to visit.
We enjoyed all their Rhône style wine and we were in for a treat with their delicious “Aero-Port” white port. (We are huge port fans!!!)
62 Bonneau Road
Sonoma, CA, 95476
T | 707.996.4188
Hours: 10:30-5:30 pm daily
This winery is in our top wineries to visit when in Sonoma. Check them out.
Be sure to book your Sonoma visit soon to enjoy all the beautiful photo opportunities for fall colors. Click here for available bookings near the top Sonoma wineries.
Nestled in the Old Petaluma Mill is this gem winery with a very warm & inviting atmosphere serving delicious wines await you. Owned by a professional & award winning race car driver & team owner, Kevin Buckler, the winery knows that “ extreme focus, attention, and a drive for perfection” is required both on the raceway & his winery to produce delicious wines from quality Sonoma & Napa Valley grapes.
“We choose the best parts of Sonoma and Napa Valley for our elite Cabernet Sauvignons, Dry Creek for our hedonistically rich Syrahs and Zinfandels, the Russian River as well as the Petaluma Gap for our ethereal Pinot Noirs and lavishly flavored yet sleek Chardonnays.” Says Kevin. Both Kevin & winemaker, Garret Martin, make a great team in producing these premium quality wines.
We are so looking forward to the opening on their new tasting room along the Petaluma River as they plan for a modern showcase of a racing car museum, wine tasting & dining rooms areas as well as catering services. Can you imagine how cool it will be to taste their delicious wines tranquilly along the Petaluma River? So cool. Now a the time to join their wine club to get membership discounts on their already reasonably priced wines.
We love all their wines but our favorites are their reds, the Racing Series, their Chardonnay & sparkling Rosé... so many amazing wines to chose from for those with a diverse wine palate. Don’t miss visiting this awesome little winery soon to be awesome bigger modern industrial tasting room.
6 Petaluma Blvd. N - Suite A1
Located in the Great Petaluma Mill
MAP / DIRECTIONS
Every Day 11am - 7pm
Check out their Happy hour M- Thur 3-5:30 special glass order pricing. They’re on our list of top wineries to visit. Check them out.
You can’t buy happiness but you can buy a doodle... that’s kinda the same thing.
Benefits of Owning a AussieDoodle:
1. Great security pups, help lessen chances of theft in homes.
2. Minimal to non shedding Hypoallergenic coats to not have to wear them on you or your couch.
3. Studies show that people that own dogs are 30 minutes more active than those who don’t... help you lose weight or keep in shape.
4. Help lower blood pressure, stress & anxiety.
5. Make great therapists (cheaper than a real one)
6. Great family dogs that love people and other animals.
7. Make great walking or jogging partners that also great to protect you.
8. Help improve your social life.
9. They don’t stink like most regular haired dogs, don’t need to bathe them often.
10. Nothing better than hugging a doodle that loves your hugs.
We love each & every doodle puppy that comes into our lives. Studies show they help lower depression, blood pressure & levels of stress. “They've been found to decrease the risk of asthma in children and have been linked to lower blood pressure.” (Times.com)
Dog owners are known to get 30 more minutes of exercise than those that don’t own dogs. Those with allergies can benefit since most doodles are hypoallergenic .
Life is definitely happier with doodle.
.Click here to see availability of puppies.
.#wellnesswednesday feature. ?| @bestofsonoma
#visitsonoma #bestofsonoma #cutestpuppies #sonoma #sonomacounty #california #doodlesoftheworld #winecountry #sunsetmag #airbnbsuperhost #aussiedoodlesofig #doodletherapy #doodlesofcalifornia #aussiedoodles #aussiedoodlesofinstagram #doodlepuppies #aussiedoodlesofig #doodlesofinstagram #sonomavalley #doodlelovers #doodlepup #doodles #superhosts #superhostairbnb #minhacalifornia #doodlemom
Kombucha has been the probiotic Tea that’s been enjoyed for thousands of years. The first recorded introduction of it dates back in 221 C.E.
WHAT IS KOMBUCHA?
An easy explanation comes from a great source (blog.genomind.com) Kombucha, a fermented tea beverage, is rich in probiotics and antioxidants, which benefit your brain, heart and gut. The healthy bacteria found in kombucha and your digestive tract absorb nutrients and fight sickness.
HISTORY OF KOMBUCHA
According to a source “The most popular legend comes fromChina and dates back to 221-206 BC where it is believed that the emperor Qin She Huang extended his life by drinking the “Tea of Immortality”. - drinkpreneur.com.
The name “Kombucha “ comes from a Dr. Kombu (from Japan) that brought back the tea to the Japanese Emperor, Inyoko, during his travels. The word “cha” comes from the Japanese word for tea.
10 HEATH BENEFITS
The health benefits of kombucha are vital to note. So healthy that kombucha was given to the Samurais before they fought in battle for sustained energy.
1. Detoxification. Teeming with healthy enzymes and probiotics that help digestion and elimination these work hard in ridding the body of toxic wastes that sometimes unhealthily gets stored in the intestines for too long. Kombucha helps regulate the elimination process.
2. Improved Digestion. The enzymes, polyphenols, healthy bacteria & organic acids in Kombucha help aid in coating the intestines with this healthy bacteria which helps consume and digest foods easier. Most of the good bacteria in our intestines get depleted daily because of chemicals on our body’s, around us, antibiotics, unhealthy foods & stress. So the good bacteria, also called, microbiome, needs to be replenished daily and Kombucha helps do this.
3. Enhances Mood. When we are eliminating toxic waste from our “second brain”, as it’s called to refer to our intestines (which look very similar to our brain when you put them side to side), it automatically lifts our moods which I turn helps alleviate depression.
4. Enhances Energy. Elimination of waste also goes hand in hand with enhancing our energy. When our intestines are full of toxic waste it’s energy is directed to elimination leaving less energy for you. So a daily dose of probiotics let’s your good bacteria do most the work of elimination in turn leaving more energy for you to go about your daily activities better.
5. Improves Brain Function. A storage of waste in the intestines can lead to what’s known as “foggy brain” and leave no room for good concentration & cognitive function. Here again regular elimination of toxic waste stored in your “second brain” will help your brain concentrate on your activities.
Research is showing more benefits below:
6. Helps Fight Cancer.
7. Weight Loss.
8. Cholesterol Reduction.
9. Arthritis Prevention.
10. Immune System Stimulus.
if you’d like to know the science behind these please google it as there’s so much available information and I am just an avid researcher not a doctor or nutritionist.
You can make your own Kombucha which we’ve done before on the farm or by some delicious kombucha from the store. We’ve been drinking locally made California kombucha but Amazon now has Kombucha starter kits to help you make your own! It’s super fun and worth the try of you’re a patient person as it takes 2-3 weeks to make.
And yes kombucha is currently being given to our mini Aussiedoodle puppies periodically as we put a little in their water. If you don’t have kombucha be sure to put in a little raw organic apple cider vinegar as this also is very beneficial in alkalinity their little systems.
Summer Kombucha ? Spritzer (for you)
1. Fill your (16 oz or more) glass 1/2 way with your fav kombucha
2. Fill the rest of the glass with cold sparkling mineral water
3. Add some fresh lemon juice &/or some fresh mint or a slice of lemon for more antioxidants.
We’re so happy to present our country mini, medium & Standard size doodles photo shoot to get your weekend off on the right foot.
We are fortunate to have a very healthy litter born in June. Hypoallergenic, 2nd generation doodles with adorable personalities to match their appearance. Very smart “Einstein Breed”, as they’re well known and happy family dogs. These babies are very special as they come from wonderful tempered parents. We retired Rusty from the breeding program and soon to retire Ruby. We raised both parents from puppy stage and verified they both had wonderful personalities and cleared genetic sicknesses before we continued their legacy.
HOLISTICALLY RAISED WITH LOVE
We raise our pups on an adaptogenic & probiotic diet of healthy grains, proteins, vitamins & minerals. We use lavender aromatherapy periodically with some topical sprays that help them relax for nap time. We raise them in a chemical free environment and make sure they spend a lot of time outside to take in their immune support healthy bacteria that naturally exists outdoors.
Puppy Supply List (Click here)
LIFETIME BREEDER SUPPORT GUARANTEE*
Contact Us About Availability !
-Dᴇsɪɢɴᴇʀ Sᴍᴀʀᴛ "Eɪɴsᴛᴇɪɴ Bʀᴇᴇᴅ"
-Smaller/Med - Standard Size (35-55lbs)
- UTD Vaccines & Shots
-Holistically Raised & Fed
-ʀᴇɢɪsᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ CKC Mᴏᴍ/ DBR Sɪʀᴇ
- Parents Genetic Health Tested & Clear
-Hʏᴘᴏᴀʟᴇʀɢᴇɴɪᴄ Fᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴅᴏɢs
-Lifetime Breeder Support Guarantee
Text Dré :707-481-3042
-Companion Puppies/No Breeding (Must Spay/Neuter) Contract*
Please see our short 2 minute video to see how adorable these puppies are and they’re willingness to have fun with people. Please give it a thumbs up if you enjoyed it. We really appreciate your views of our video.
If you’re interested in reserving a new Aussiedoodle family member feel free to reach out to us directly via text about availability at, 707-481-3042. (Sonoma, California)
Updated Puppy Care List