We were first introduced to this amazing program just before we got our furbabe, Teddy. We had him go through this wonderful ENS training that have had the most amazing outcome for our furbabe. We love it so much that every single puppy that comes from our breeding program will be ENS trained from the age of 3- 16 days old, preparing them for their forever homes. Check out what the benefits are that every puppy will be participating in from our breeding program.
The AKC (American Kennel Club) posted an article entitled, " Puppy Socialization Starts With The Breeder- 2nd in Series". The article brought out how research shows that encouraging a stable temperament starts with the breeders before a puppy is even born. Since the puppies can't see until 10 days old, or hear until 2 weeks old, this stage is a crucial one for the puppies healthy development. A gentle handling of the puppies is encouraged at least twice per day.
Another thing breeders can do is instill the ENS training for the puppies everyday from 3 to 16 days old, the time period of rapid neurological development in the puppies. During this crucial stage the puppies are very sensitive and respond well to ENS exercises.
There are 5 different exercises involved with ENS training.
1. Tactile Stimulation. This is holding the puppy in your hands and using a q-tip to tickle the pups feet and toes for 3-5 seconds.
2. Head held in upright position. Holding the head perpendicular to the ground so that it's head is above it's tail for 3-5 seconds.
3. Head pointed down. Holding the pup firmly and pointing it's head down for 3-5 seconds.
4. Supine position. Laying the pup on it's back using both hands for 3-5 seconds.
5. Thermal Stimulation. Holding the pup face down on a cool damp towel (that's been in the fridge for at least 5 minutes) for 3-5 seconds and then placing them on a normal surface after.
Check out the research based benefits each puppy will benefit from as a result of the ENS exercises.
According to an article written by BreedingBetterDogs.com, five benefits have been observed in canines that were exposed to the Bio Sensor stimulation exercises. The benefits noted were:
Hence we are SOOO excited to be able to send each of our puppies home with this amazing ENS training exercises starting in 2021. We want our puppies to be the healthiest & happiest furbabes in their forever homes.
Feel free to reach out with any questions.